The holiday season is officially here and some of the hottest jewelry trends are not only affordable but fun and different this year. ABQ Gold & Silver Jewelry Exchange, in business for more than 36 years and home to three graduate gemologists from the Gemological Institute of America, keeps an eye on what’s hot and what’s not. The top trends this year include:
- Little is big again – with small stud earrings hotter than ever. The studs can be any gemstone from diamonds to sapphires to rubies;
- Multiple piercings are a fad that’s here to stay. Rather than large earrings, the hot trend is small earrings – not just studs but fun shapes like stars and flowers;
- From the runways to magazine covers, all the stars are stacking their bracelets. And they are stacking all sorts of bracelets, gold, silver, tennis bracelets, charm bracelets. Have fun with different looks and make the style your own;
- Layering continues with necklaces. People are combining classics like Navajo pearls with a diamond pendant;
- Stacking also is in with rings. People are stacking all sorts of rings together to make one-of-a-kind looks;
- The final hot trend is mixing metals. It used to be you had to wear all yellow gold or all sterling silver. Not any longer. The fashionistas are sporting all sorts of unique mixes from yellow gold, to white gold to rose and platinum.
“The key this holiday season is to create a unique and personal look,” said Ed Karler, President of ABQ Gold & Silver Jewelry Exchange. “Mix and match all the looks you love to create something that can only be found on you.”